Sunday 4 February 2007

The importance of questions

To ask questions is imperative to innovation and when sharing knowledge. As I have mentioned earlier in my posting, Ricardo Semler writes about how they work at Semco. He mention that Semco companies promote people to ask questions in their work. By this enabling known truths to be questioned and open the possibilities of better answers than the ones you already know.

This way of thinking can initiate a lot of change in an organisation. If I was to ask about why we never see any documents or an agenda of the leader-meeting in the company i work for (Computas), the answer would probably be something like "We discuss important issues that is handled by the leaders" or something similar.. This would then generate a new set of why's .. These are questions that can open up the organisation and create trust between management and the rest of the workers.

I will make next week my WHY-week at work and note what answers i get.

No comments: