Thursday 18 January 2007

What about a stereo?

Today I got myself a stereo with loudspeakers and the lot. It was great and I can now enjoy music in a new way. Even found my old CD's to play!

But when doing the work of setting up the different parts as DVD player, amplifier and loudspeakers the thought struck me again as so many times before. How much had I not learned about loudspeakers and amplifiers while searching the internet for the right price and something that suited my "needs". In the process of searching for the "right" components for me I learned a lot about the technology and how it was to be used. When I now have the technology here in my flat that information that I earlier read of the web is transformed into knowledge by me actually acting upon that information. This information have enabled me to have a mental idea of what to expect and what to do with the different components. I have somehow an understanding of how the whole system works.

I've been reading the manuals with a genuine interest in how things work and what I can get out of it. Imagine if we could inspire this kind of engagement in schools and other learning institutions. Creating an interest that goes beyond that of getting a good grade or just "because i need it for my work".

No comments: