Saturday 24 March 2007

Presentation skills and feedback

I've had a few presentations at work, but often I feel that they could be more focused and clear. Recently I also got feedback that I was saying some words as "Hmm. What is it I'm going to say..." or similar. And today I came across the stop, start, continue technique over at Dwayne Melancons blog.

People should be better to give feedback to people that holds presentations. In this way one might be given a chance to improve instead of making the same mistakes again and again. This is in a sense knowledge sharing. The have a different perspective on the whole presentation that you have. Things you find easy can be difficult for others, but it is often difficult to get people to actively participate in the presentation. Lets hope that when I next time pull out my paper with the stop, start, continue notes on it, people will laugh and point out when I do the mistakes. Hopefully I will then learn more and even get the audience to participate in -at least- some way

1 comment:

Thomas Ferris Nicolaisen said...

Haha, speaking of Scrum, that looks alot like Reflection to me (which ideas worked, which didn't, and so on) :)

Thanks for the link. Presentation technique is something I'm very passionate about, thus all the more annoying it is when I don't get any feedback. Might try this stuff when I'm up next.